I live on the Kapiti Coast in New Zealand
My studio is where I go to come back to myself, day after day.
What it looks like is less important than what I do in the space.
I have to remind myself of this over and over again as my space is a work in progress.
gave up my big beautiful purpose built studio in Denver when I moved to New Zealand. And while I left that space behind - what I didn't leave behind is myself.
And my need and desire to create.
Using my space as the reason I can't create is simply and excuse.
I can make beauty anywhere I believe I can.
Can't live without...
- A couple of squares of 100% dark chocolate in the morning
- My seam ripper - not "A" seam ripper - but "My" seam ripper. The
purple one I've been using since the mid 1970s. Originally purchased
for my home ec class in jr high. In all of it's cheap raggedy glory it
has a nice smooth rounded end. I use that feature to my advantage.
I've never been able to find a similar one. When I pick up a newer one,
the pointy end very rudely cuts threads.
- My love of making
- Heap of colors of thread (which of course I inventory in a spreadsheet)
- Great audio books
- My studio sketchbook - for my ideas, my work in progress and keeping track of the time I put into the studio
- My sewing table, where my sewing machine sits flush with the table top.
- While actually can live without this and did for my first year in New Zealand
- my shoulders are much happier with good ergonomics
- Ibuprofen - for those days I spend 8 hours in the studio without taking a break
me out there in the wild world
Lisa's Social Media...
WEBSITE INSTA TWITTER FACEBOOK
LISA'S WORKSHOP WITH FIBRE ARTS APRIL 2023
24/8/2022 03:34:08 pm
Loved reading your story. I have a jar of threads too but your cottons are gorgeous.
25/8/2022 08:14:59 am
Lisa. Your studio area is great, and thanks for the reminder that not to use your 'space' whatever it is as an excuse not to create.
26/8/2022 06:06:42 am
You shared some really pertinent reflections and observations and however it compares to your previous space, this space looks inviting and enticing to me. Thank you for sharing, particularly those lucious threads just waiting to be used.
13/9/2022 12:31:59 pm
Looks a pretty cool space to create. Love the thread collection
Leave a Reply.
Over the next few months there will be an email come into your box on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.